Kinect Interaction with DX11-Pointcloud
When using the depth data of the kinect device as input for the development of applications in vvvv there are some tasks that pop up again and again:
- the calibration of the kinect to the virtual environment
- reducing noise of the kinect sensor
- rendering and filtering the pointcloud
- detecting users and their interactions with the virtual environment
The workshop will introduce you to the DX11-Pointcloud toolkit that allows to solve the above stated tasks and even more.
Kinect V2 devices are kindly sponsored by Kinect for Windows.
- Windows 8.1 laptop with latest 64bit vvvv version and addonpack installed
- latest 64bit DX11 pack installed
- DX11/Shader Model 5 graphics card (Shader model 4/4.1 will NOT work)!
- 64bit processor and operating system
- Dual-core 2.66 GHz or faster processor
- 2GB RAM
- DirectX11 compatible graphics card
- USB 3 controller by Intel or Renesas
- also check: Kinect for Windows V2 known issues